Waterjet and AbrasiveJet cutting is our business. Our nearly two decade old Jet Edge motion system was looking a little tired and we needed to upgrade. Productivity, productivity, productivity with precision is our goal!
This Midwest Waterjet Cutting Contractor has focused on Abrasive Waterjet Cutting since 1999 and pride themselves on the range of material and shapes they have experience cutting. With a focus on the customer, this Contractor seeks to understand their specific needs and works with them to ensure what they ask for is what they get. A commitment to prompt quoting, competitive pricing and producing the highest quality of products has built a reputation to be proud of.
CONTRACT WATERJET CUTTING
A specialist in abrasive water jet cutting, this Company, utilizes multiple CNC controlled 60,000-psi pump systems to cut “all known materials” to the customer’s exact specifications. Multiple cutting heads mounted across a spreader bar allows them to efficiently cut large order quantities while staying productive with small order quantities. Their multi-decade old Jet Edge table needed a little refresh.
The machine specifications included:
- Precision. We need to cut shapes within tolerances of +/- .010″ consistently with no process distortion or warping.
- The cutting envelope has to be large, 144″ x 144″ to handle large shapes.
- We need a high rail gantry for our 3-ton jib crane, fork trucks and 2750 lb. vacuum lifters to be able to safely load and unload parts.
- Multiple 3-Axis AbrasiveJet cutting heads are required for productivity. And we need each cutting head to be able to be positioned along a spreader bar and motorized so they can be raised out of the cutting area when not in use.
- Versatile cutting of foils from .001″ thickness to steels nearly 20″ thick.
Jet Edge Solution: Since this Contractor services the aerospace industry, we knew precision would be important. Our rigid frame construction, isolated catcher tank, coupled servo motors to precision balls screws guarantees that. A high rail provides the most open cutting envelope and whether you use a crane, fork truck, auto load/unload or just operator loading it can be accessed from all sides of the motion system.