WATERJET CENTER OF EXCELLENCE
A premier supplier to the aerospace industry of highly-engineered precision formed, precision machined and fabricated products was adding precision waterjet cutting to their Waterjet Center of Excellence Operations. The Company needed to cut dense specialty materials that are prevalent in the aerospace industries with high precision. The test part given to Jet Edge, incorporated 7,734 small hexagonal cuts, on a contoured Inconel sheet with .003” tolerance.
The machine specifications included:
- A 6’ x 6’ cutting envelope with a high rail gantry
- A 5-axis cutting head with 12” of z travel height controlled by a servo motor for cutting contoured parts.
- 60k psi of cutting pressure with a 100hp drive system.
- The dual intensifiers had to be redundant so the machine could continue to run if one intensifier were brought off-line for service.
- An abrasive removal system was incorporated along with a Closed Loop Filtration System that allows water to be recycled versus dumped down a drain as wastewater.
- A capital expenditure price that met the ROI goals.
- An absolute commitment to ensure this equipment would perform as required post installation.